Coming from Otto v3?
Read the upgrade guide first!
Before you begin, confirm the following:
- FileMaker Server is installed and running on your server
- Your server machine meets the minimum requirements to run OttoFMS
- You have administrator rights to your server
- You can access the FileMaker Server Admin Console
- You have your free OttoFMS license key (opens in a new tab)
- You can access the OttoFMS license server at https://edd-sl-proxy.geistgate.com (opens in a new tab) using a web browser within your network. If you get a time-out error or you get a blank page, you may need to modify your firewall or network access rules to allow access.
OttoFMS expects FileMaker Server to be running with the default
fmsadmin group privileges. This is set during FileMaker Server
installation. It is very rarely changed, but if you did change it, OttoFMS
will not install correctly.
Select your operating system for specific installation instructions:
Additional preflight checks for Linux:
Make sure your server has a swap file configured for additional virtual memory.
Option 1: Install using our install script
We have set up a hosted install script that you can run on your server to install OttoFMS. This script can also be used to update to a different version of OttoFMS later.
To run, simply copy and paste the following command into your terminal:
sudo curl -sSL "https://appupdates.proofgeist.com/ottofms/install-scripts/install-linux.sh" | bash
If you'd like to install a specific version of OttoFMS, you can specify the version number as a parameter:
sudo curl -sSL "https://appupdates.proofgeist.com/ottofms/install-scripts/install-linux.sh" | bash -s -- -v 4.1.0
Option 2: Manual Install
The download package you receive is a zip file, unzip it for the actual installer
sudo apt -y install ./ottofms-app_|version|_amd64.deb
sudo apt -y install ./ottofms-app_1.0.0_amd64.deb
Open your browser and enter https://[host].com/otto/, where [host] is the fully qualified domain name of your FileMaker Server machine.
Page not loading? Check out the troubleshooting guide
Your license key was displayed on the same page as the download links for OttoFMS. It will also be sent to you via email.
Use the same credentials as you would for the FileMaker Server Admin Console.
OttoFMS is most useful when installed on multiple servers! Repeat the installation process for each of your FileMaker servers before continuing.